After a few weeks of working on him, I’ve put the finishing touches on my second polymer clay marionette. I’ve named him Herbert.
Here is a small, polymer clay dragon bust finished last year.
Last year I got involved in a pretty cool robotics project. Luckily, I don’t need to know much about the robot part. A group of local Cub Scouts decided that they want to make a robotic, shoulder-mounted dragon puppet. Pretty ambitious. I volunteered to sculpt this model of the baby dragon.
This sculpture is comprised of polymer clay on a wire armature. It was designed so that the head, the wings, and the tail are removable. This should help in the molding process. I will be posting a more in-depth tutorial on the design and sculpting process very soon. Stay tuned.